Did you mean: 
Dxing
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Enable line in,mic in option in hp laptop

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp laptop(Windows 10) with one combo jack.But when I insert line in cable into the port it can not detect it.I tried to enable the popup "which device did you plug in"  by going realtek HD audio manager.But do not find the option.How the laptop detect the line in jack?Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,656 93,313 12,266 26,097
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dxing 

No, it is actually a line out (for headphones) and on many machines the combo ports won't accept stand alone microphone. You have to use USB sound card with line in jack.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dxing
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have line in jack TRS type.If I buy USB sound card or any splitter which is TRRS should my TRS type line in jack works?If I buy splitter which type of splitter should I buy 2 male 1 female or 1 male 2 feamale?For line in,mic in recording in laptop?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation