Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 13 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion 13 x360 laptop, with Beats audio and the sound card being Realtek HD Audio. I was looking for the Enhancements tab in Speaker Properties, but I find that such a tab doesn't exist. This is what my Speaker Properties window looks like:

speakers properties.png

I have, however, seen screenshots from other people who have the tab in their window. I updated the Realtek driver in Device Manager, so it's version 6.0.1.7548. If the Enhancements tab is not compatible with this sound card, is there anything I can do about it? Any help will be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @KremlinFalling,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your and issues with missing the Enhancement tab. Here is a link to update the driver. sp72319.exe

This was updated Sep 4, 2015 Version 6.0.1.7553 Rev.A.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

If this does not help uninstall your IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver and software in the Control panel under Sound, Video, game Controllers. You can use the above link to reinstall.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I followed the link to update the driver. It uninstalled the current one on my computer and installed a new one. Still no luck with the missing enhancements tab. I used the Windows 10 update troubleshooter and it said "service registration is missing or corrupt" and didn't do anything to fix the problem. I suspect that isn't the problem behind my enhancements tab though, I've been able to receive Windows 10 updates in the past.

HP Recommended

Has anyone (outside of HP Support) resolved this issue yet?  I've searched high and low on the interwebs and have not discovered any solutions.   I really miss the options on the "Enhancements" tab and am mystified as to why they are gone.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. This works:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Beats-Audio-compression-and-volume-fluctuat...

It still baffles me why HP disables the "Enhancements" tab in the first place and still hasn't fixed it

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I know this is late but Please i strongly reccomend this video for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncO8vekrfao&t=140s

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.