Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15t-000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I've purchased this brand new HP Envy x360 15t-000 couple weeks ago. Every thing was fine until almost 4 days ago. I think the problem started after the Windows 10 update (build 2004). I found out next day that my built in microphone is not working!! it was working fine before. Also the Microphone Mute button is not working as before.

I checked the device manager and it seems that the driver was updated with Microsoft driver rather than Realtek driver. My laptop has Intel Processor with Nvidia MX330 graphics card.

I tried the HP support web page and downloaded the three listed audio drivers but that did not solve the problem (actually 2 drivers are not supported by this OS) and the third driver changed nothing. I tried HP assistant utility and again no update for the audio drivers. I tried the full reset to the system but again it seems while re-installing the windows it will update the drivers to Microsoft one.

I tried few generic Realtek drivers but no success. the sound panel shows that the internal mic is not pluged-in.

Moreover, the device manager shows another problem with Intel Smart Technology SST OED, there is the yellow triangle which indicates a problem. I tried to update this Intel driver but it says that I have the best driver.

I've tried any external headset with microphone, it works fine with no problems. but really I wan to work freely and use the internal microphone.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Today I found an update that was pushed via Windows Update. It was an Intel driver and I was able to download and install it. It seems to have fixed the mic issue for me.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@AiREX

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To resolve these issues, please manually remove AMD Audio Driver from device manager and then install the softpaq SP107346.

The softpaq is already available on HP.com: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers Refer to AMD high definition graphics driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

If I may pitch in, I am having the SAME exact issue as well. I have the Envy x360 i5 model with the MX330. Windows Update seems to have broken the microphone and Windows is unable to even physically detect it. I have had to use an external mic for classes in the time being but I would like to see if there is a fix for this. In Device Manager, Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) OED does show up with Code 10 and is marked by a yellow triangle. 

I have tried uninstalling the Smart Sound driver, rebooting, and reinstalling it via Windows Update, but this doesn't seem to fix it either. There's no driver to rollback as well. I am running Windows 10 v.2004. Glad to know we have the same exact issue! You are not alone!

Any help is certainly appreciated! 🙂

HP Recommended

HI Echo Lake, I am having the exact same issue, I have roll back the windows update and my laptop to the state of 19-sept-2020.

1. The issue is same HP AUDIO SWITCH is showing microphone not connected. 
2. More Over I am unable to find Microphone(High Definition Audio Device) inside Audio Input and Output drivers.
3. Bang and Olufsen control app is not starting and giving error  "cannot connect to RPC service" 
4. In the state 4 days ago , bang and Olufsen sound was quite loud and clear now its minimal and I hardly hear it.

Please help me out, I have NVDIA MX330 instead of AMD Graphics card.
External microphones and headsets are working properly
Cheers.

HP Recommended

HI Echo Lake, I am having the exact same issue, I have roll back the windows update and my laptop to the state of 19-sept-2020.

1. The issue is same HP AUDIO SWITCH is showing microphone not connected. 
2. More Over I am unable to find Microphone(High Definition Audio Device) inside Audio Input and Output drivers.
3. Bang and Olufsen control app is not starting and giving error  "cannot connect to RPC service" 
4. In the state 4 days ago , bang and Olufsen sound was quite loud and clear now its minimal and I hardly hear it.

Please help me out, I have NVDIA MX330 instead of AMD Graphics card.
External microphones and headsets are working properly
Cheers.

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for your response.

But my graphics card is Nvidia, so I don't think the issue has anything to do with AMD drivers since it is not there. 

HP Recommended

@AiREX

Thank you for posting back. 

Are you using Intel CPU or AMD?

If you have AMD CPU  installed just follow the steps uninstalling the audio driver and install the latest audio drivers from HP.com

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

I am using Intel CPU with Nvidia Geforce MX330 as graphics card.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Today I found an update that was pushed via Windows Update. It was an Intel driver and I was able to download and install it. It seems to have fixed the mic issue for me.

HP Recommended

@AiREX

Thank you for posting back.

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.