Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-15-2020 06:10 AM
I have been using my HP Pavilion 14-bf102tx for 2 years now it has been working fine and well, however, recently when I plug-in an external audio device such as earphones or headphones, even bluetooth earpods, the microphone doesn't work. I tried using the same audio devices on other devices such as phones and other laptops to check if it is working, which in result, worked fine. The microphone of my laptop is working fine as well, without any external audio devices plugged in. Even if I set the microphone in the settings to use the microphone in my laptop (not the plugged audio device; so i can use the device as earphone only while laptop will use its mic), it doesn't work.
Hope you can help me with this.
09-17-2020 09:48 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows
The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:
- In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
- Click Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
- Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
- When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
- Click Close.
- If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community