Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

"Today (after some Windows updates yesterday) the installation wizard comes up using the HP Support Assistant and completes the installation with a SUCCESS result. But after restart, both Windows and the Support Assistant indicate that the same driver is still available (needing to install), and the Windows Update still says my system is not ready for the 2004 feature update. Something is still not working with this."

This describes excately also the problem on my machine: Probook 450 G5. I have tried to install

Conexant HD Audio Driver 2017/2018 - 12.43.1.134 Rev.Q many times with various methods. And I also experience that after installation and reboot I still get the recommendation to install the driver. I cannot update to windows 10 2004 as well due to the same reason you mention "not ready yet...blablabla.."

EDIT:

I have now upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 by Media Creation Tool. THIS did work.

Nevertheless: The problem with Conexant driver NOT Updating to the current version persists. I have tried four times after the upgrade to 2004 - both via "HP Support assistant" and by downloading the driver from the HP update site and installing with admin privileges - all in vain.

I also uninstalled the conexant drivers in the device manager before trying to updating - also this in vain. I have also tried installing the driver in "Windows safe"-mode - in vain. Besides: I managed to update to the actual conexant driver on a windows OS 10 version 1809 on the same machine. So perhaps it is some incompatibility with windows 10 v. 1909 and v. 2004.

I have given this **bleep** up now. My livetime is too expensive to be wasted by this **bleep**. Especially as it takes so extremely annoying long time trying to update this **bleep**. What do these people think?

HP Recommended

I have the exact same experience. I contacted HP Support and was advised after much trial and error that it is occurring because I have a non-HP Windows image on my machine.  I was further advised that I could ignore the install from the HP Support Assistant. As part of the process I installed the drivers manually: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp106001-106500/sp106154.exe. This worked without issue. Overall kinda seems like a bug with the HP Support Assistant as I know its worked with other drivers on my machine and the driver installs manually. I showed the support agent this thread and them I would update it with the 'fix'. Assuming one day they'll realise they've got an issue with the Support Assistant and fix it properly.

HP Recommended

For G3 download and manual install sp106142 and it will also work

HP Recommended

Hi MikerCZX - as per my post manually installing the driver does work but the Support Assistant still thinks it needs installing 🙂 So manually installing works but it doesn't fix the Support Assistant - at least in my case - but if it did for you that's great 🙂

HP Recommended

Iam sorry for confusion - I meant that driver was installed manually correctly and I was able to update my Windows 10 

Update assistant is still confused and it is required to manually hide that update.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link Ryno5!

HP Recommended

So I downloaded and manually installed sp106142.exe but the HP Support Assistant still complains about it not being up-to-date.

I'm running the latest HP Support Assistant - 8.8.34.31

Any help on this?

BR,

Flavio.

HP Recommended

Hi Flavio,

Referring my post above 'I contacted HP Support and was advised after much trial and error that it is occurring because I have a non-HP Windows image on my machine'. I'm going to assume that you don't have a standard HP Windows image on your machine which is why, even after the manual install, the Support Assistant is still complaining. So effectively you can just ignore the Assistant. That's what I ended up doing. Its not a great outcome but unless HP want to fix up their Support Assistant I think its the best we will get.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

HP seems to have fixed the Support Assistant issue. As of today, the update is no longer showing as being needed, and my driver version is 9.0.232.60 dated 7/3/20. There still seems to be a Windows 10 issue, however. On the Windows Update page, the version 2004 update is still not available, and when I "Check for updates", Windows repeatedly "installs" an older driver (8.65.262.0 dated 7/3/18). The update shows up as "successfully installed" in Update History, but it is still the newer driver that actually remains in place. More waiting I guess - this time for Microsoft to fix their problem.

HP Recommended

Tried your manual installation link. "Failed-Download error" was what I got!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.