Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my son just started school again (term 2 in Australia) and he (and his parents) noticed that he is getting a lot of feedback through the speaker and also through headphones. 
Have updated BIOS, checked that the drivers are the most current and am now here. 

Any suggestions as to where to go next? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Landy_74 I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click on Control Panel.
  3. Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
  4. Click on Properties.
  5. Click on Enhancements Tab.
  6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
  7. Click OK and check if issue persists.

If issue still persists, as a workaround, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for youRefer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
  2. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
  3. Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
  4. Select the option to Delete driver software.
  5. Restart the computer after its uninstalled. 

Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
  2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
  3. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.