Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-29-2020 12:11 AM - edited 07-29-2020 12:49 AM
Product: HP Laptop 17-by3xxx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Today my audio stopped working. I troubleshooted the problem and it said I had to update the audio driver, which I did. This got the audio back up, but the HP Audio Center is now missing the equalizers. Under output it just has the volume and options for Audio modes, base, treble, and dialog clarity. Before it gave me a bunch of options and I had just gotten them to my liking, and now this happen. I even checked the speaker properties and there are no equalizer options.
Why would something like this happen and how can I fix this?
Edit: OK, I just checked again and the equalizers are suddenly back. What? Does it take a while for them to load? I'm really confused right now.
Has anyone else experienced something like this and should I be concerned?
1 REPLY 1
07-31-2020 10:48 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community