Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1010na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

When I purchased my laptop last year HP Notebook 15s-fq1010na, I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit version 21H2 and I haven't had a single issue with it until I chose to perform the upgrade to the new Windows 11. 

It came via the HP Support Assistant and Windows Update which said great you are all set for the free upgrade to Windows 11. 

It did all of the compatibility checks with the WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi which then ran the Windows 11 Installation Assistant which did all the rest.

After the upgrade everything looked great and worked well until I came to watch a movie at which point I noticed the sound was all Bass and didn't sound good at all, I couldn't watch anything or listen to music through my speakers anymore as it was just to heavy on the bass.  I went to the HP Audio Centre App as you can adjust all the graphic equalizer and sound on there.  

The HP Audio Centre runs and looks ok but nothing works on it anymore, I adjust the sound and nothing changes the program just freezes.  I change the HP Experience Base, Treble, Dialogue and nothing changes, it just doesn't work anymore.

In the end I reverted back to the previous version of Windows and it all works fine again.

What can I do that I haven't already done.

I the HP Audio Centre not compatible with the new Windows 11?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.