Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 bs062st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

My new laptop comes with an application called "HP Audio Control". This application/interface allows you to control equalization and enhancement settings as well as some other settings for the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.

Capture.PNG

The HP Audio control interface appears to be built into the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8117 and is not a separate application from the Realtek driver.

I say that because the shortcut for the HP Audo Control points directly to the .exe file for the Realtek driver inside the Realtek appllication folder. There is also a little symbol of the HP audio control in the Realtek folder which suggests it is built into the driver.

Anyway, the HP Audio Control on this driver version seems to work fine. It obeys enhancement settings meaning when I shut them off they stay off... it seems to recognize that you don't want that setting on if you are using headphones or external 2.0/2.1 speakers. I assume the enhancements are only meant to be used with the laptop speakers and that is why it does this.  They certainly sound bad with headphone/speakers if set to on. So that works well.

The overall sound quality of this driver is generally ok and comparable to my last laptop which had a DTS audio control panel (which I don't think was built into the driver)  so I don't have any real issues with it.

However, I have some questions:

Is it possible to uninstall the current  Realtek driver through device manager on this laptop which will remove HP audio control and then download another driver that will bring the DTS control panel onto this laptop? Is there such a specific driver? Is it possible with this model laptop that did not come with DTS?

Also in general, if I want to search for a new Realtek High Definition Audio driver that will work on this model, a driver besides the three that are on the HP driver download page for this model (which the HP support assistant will reference) and the one the driver will update to as the latest version, how can I tell if it will be compatible with this model? Do I use the hardware ID of Realtek driver on the laptop (0282) and it must match that?

Also, just generally, is there another specific Realtek High Definition Audio driver that does not come with HP Audio Control bundled with it that may use some different inteface (beside sound properties of the driver) that can be used on this model laptop?

I will likely just keep the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8117 that comes with HP Audio Control and that comes with this laptop since like I said it seems to work fine and sounds ok. I am just curious about other options and what is possible.

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks for any help/info.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I was able to update the Realtek driver to the latest version which is 6.0.1.8409 and it seems to  work with the HP audio control interface. I think this driver sounds a little better than the previous driver which was 6.0.1.8117. It's always hard to compare though when you have to go by memory. I also tried driver 6.0.1.8186 and that had a nice clear stereo sound but it did not interact with HP audio control so no equalization options which is not a big deal. Anyway, I think for now I will try 8409 and see how it goes.

Added: ended up going back to 8117 since it seems to work a little better in terms of HP audio control behavior.

HP Recommended

First of all thank you to show me this interface , because i have the same one , and i thought it is not the sound control software , this because i have a problem in MIC , the EXTERNAL mic, i can't connect the mic, i can't do the proper adjustment to make it work.

The message i recieved that the mic is not connected , while it is connect !!! , so i can't use EXTERNAL mic now , so Could you help me to know how to solve this problem.

Could you please try to use external MIC without headphone and to check if it is work or not ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.