02-17-2020 09:56 AM
hello, i bought this laptop used around a year ago and upon arrival i didnt think this laptop came with speakers for starters. upon entering windows and going to sounds there are no devices listed and the sound icon on the bottom right has an x through it.
recently i opened up the backside of the laptop and noticed it does indeed have 2 speakers on the bottom. My thoughts now would be that im just missing drivers somehow? where could i find these drivers? I wasn't able to find them in the drivers page for this laptop on the hp website, please help!
02-17-2020 10:25 AM
HP does not have audio drivers for that model PC.
You can try the following two things...
See if this W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model notebook works on yours. Restart the PC after installing the driver.
If that doesn't work, see if this works instead...
Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.
1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Select the Driver tab.
3. Click on the Update Driver button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.