Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Just bought this 2-in-1 today and only the speakers at the bottom work. I get no audio from the top speakers next to the keyboard. I've reinstalled the audio drivers and reinstalled, switched to tablet mode, and checked all HP and Bang & Olufsen settings but can't get them to work.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @emoney23

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing speaker-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Press Windows + I to launch Settings, and click on the Troubleshoot option on the right in the System tab. Next, click on Other troubleshooters to view all the available options. Now, locate the Playing Audio troubleshooter, and then click on the Run button next to it.

If the issue persists, please use a link here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/audio 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Same issue... no top-facing speaker audio.  Are these speakers even functional?

HP Recommended

Hi @rellaax

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd like to help! 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue.  Online chat support was no help.  A brand new laptop should not have these issues.

HP Recommended

I'm starting to think that these are not actually speakers but I can't seem to find anything about it. Do you have any documentation that explains if these are speakers or fan vents?

HP Recommended

I haven't found out exactly but I'm starting to think these aren't actually speakers and may be fan vents

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. My product is as follows!

Product number: 66B43UA#ABA

Only the underneath speakers are working. The top, front facing speakers are not.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. My product is as follows!

Product number: 66B43UA#ABA

Only the underneath speakers are working. The top, front facing speakers are not.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I would suggest you perform the steps shared here and let me know the outcome: https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/audio 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.