Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2021 04:47 PM
My speakers make a crackling noise when I play any sort of audio on them. The volume also randomly seems to fade in and out when I am playing something, meaning that it goes higher or lower. I am not sure if this is an issue where they need to be cleaned or what. It isn't something that is present when I am using headphones.
I previously put this inquiry up but had forgotten to get back to it. I ran the Component Audio test as requested by someone who had given a response. The crackling sound is not heard when I run the audio test.
03-05-2021 03:23 AM - edited 03-05-2021 03:23 AM
Thanks for getting back to us
If the crackling sounds does not appear during the Diagnostic Test, try reinstalling the Audio Driver from Device Manager
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your Notebook and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community