Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, get an external webcam. I had constant Zoom problems from Day 1 on my new x360 (first week in September 2020 to the first week in November). The worst problem I experienced was 3 freezes in a 1-hour conference.  Highly frustrating. For almost the past month I have been using an external webcam / mic (Logitech C920/C922) with zero problems. To have more problems in 1 day than in 1 month says a lot. 

I highly recommend getting an external webcam with an integrated mic as a workaround and avoid trying to solve the audio/ video conflicts with Zoom.  I happened to have the C920 around the house and that was the easiest solution by far.  All I did was plug in the webcam, the software installed automatically and I was using the webcam in 5 minutes. After a week of using the C920 with no problems I bought the C922 ($100) but I would assume any external webcam would work. There seem to be good webcams that are 4K and have HDR (high dynamic range for light balance) for only $60.

I had tried a few fixes but nothing worked: the latest audio/video drivers on the AMD website (as of September 2020), a rollback to older drivers on HP's website (I believe June or July 2020 drivers) and changing power configuration settings but nothing worked. 

My problems were audio locking (a repeated blub, blub, blub, blub), "no microphone" error with silence or with audio locking, and laptop freezes with or without a blue screen. All problems needed a reboot to get Zoom working again. It's hard to tell where the problem lies - with Zoom (software), Microsoft (OS), AMD (video and audio hardware / drivers) or HP (overall laptop integration) but so far after almost 3 months I haven't seen any fix that works.  But as of now my Zoom issues are in the past so this is a moot point for me.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

HP Recommended

I have the problem too. A new update this month on the bios and graphics driver came out. I'm going to update and see if i still get this same issue. Please let me know if it fixes anyone elses issue in the forum

HP Recommended

does the new bios or drivers this month fix this issue?

HP Recommended

See the post from HP on this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Re-HP-Envy-x360-Ryzen-5-15-Microphone-and-speakers-cras...

After installing this (nothing else, nothing disabled or uninstalled, etc) I have run several 3-4 hour steam voice chats since installing this and have not had a crash yet.  Before it would crash 2-3 times every time.  For me this has solved the issue.

HP Recommended

HP Envy 360 microphone quits woring during Zoom meetings

HP Recommended

Did this. All updates were in place.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.