Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Laptop15-dw3 series with windows 10 (version 21H2) installed. Everything is working fine except when I connect the microphone.(Without headphone the laptop microphone is working 100% okay) The sound recorded is very dim and faint. I have to move the microphone very close to my mouth and almost shout to get a low voice/ audio recorded. Point to be mentioned is that this is at microphone boost level set to +30.0 dB (Sound > Microphone In > Microphone properties > Level > Microphone Boost) But if I do a microphone testing online using Google Chrome or attend any meeting using Web applications (like Google meet or Microsoft Team meeting on Chrome browser) the issue is not there. So I suspect the issue is related to the windows Driver.

Can someone please share with me a windows registry Hive where I can see the Microphone Boost or fix this issue via registry.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DollarMan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you checked the earphone on difefernt devices

This seems like a earphone compatibility issue, as you've confirmed internal mic is working correctly. 

Try this work around:

1. Go to Start
  2. Type Control Panel
  3. Select Sound
  4. In the “Sound” section, select your earphone device and righ click on it, click on the properities
  5. Under General options
  6. Click properities 
  7. Under Audio properities 
  8. Select update drivers

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.