Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen by HP 15-dh0002nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My speakers are not working. Headphones do. Tried everything already, even  the HP test spamming ESC on reboot etc.
I see on the net that is a common problem happening to these laptops as I've red at least 12 posts about Omen 15 having this exact same problem. Looks like an hardware problem for speakers themselves... ofc my warranty  just expired... considering is a common problem for the majority of people with this exact same model isn't there anything I can do to fix this? The laptop is not even 2 years old and I take care of it like it was my baby. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Blacktider wrote:

My speakers are not working. Headphones do. ..

@Blacktider 

Looks like you set Headphones as default sound on your machine.  Please try

(a) Right click Speaker icon,

(b) Select Open Sound settings

(c) Disable your Headphones item (or select Speakers)

If no luck, please post back what is the model/product of your HP Omen ?

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

as I said I've already tried few things and checked the basic stuff... it's not set as default as if i plug headphones out it switches to speakers. I ran restore point, HP checks and troubleshooting. Nothing works as it all seems working properly but I can't just get the audio to work again. Also my Omen Audio Control crashes when I go on 'Output'. I've also checked latest drivers...
I thought you could see my model from the tags but ... here it is: 

• I just noticed it says ' Device not migrated ' on speakers.
    Tried to uninstall and reboot for windows to install it back but it still says ' Device not migrated '. 
HP Recommended

@Blacktider 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                      https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111262.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
  (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Driver not supported by this OS...

HP Recommended

bump.. ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.