5 4 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion - 15-cw Sound Reducing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It looks like I'm suffering the same problem as a lot of other people on here....The volume plays at the correct volume for 1-5 seconds then reduces by about 50-60%. I bought this two days ago and have done all the updates etc. Trying to find a fix before taking it back and swapping for a non-HP product.

I've updated the drivers (and even rolled back the Windows Update from 2004 to 1909 as the driver isn't supported on 2004), I've tried the basic driver, I've updated the BIOS, I've turned off all the automatic volume chokes etc. I've checked the buttons aren't stuck I've plugged in headphones (which work fine incidentally) I literally cannot think of anything else...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyRath
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
AndyRath
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Mellers
Level 1
9 7 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That Fix just worked for me too. Awesome. Spent several hours getting more and more frustrated. Thanks very much!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation