Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have that HP Pavilion Dv7-4177NR  for some reason the sound is really bad meaning I can not hear it 

I tried a booster no luck    it looks like it has the drivers but again can not hear it 

Do you think the problem is the speaker s are bad?

Thank you

Todd

HP Pavilion Dv7-4177NR 

2.9GHz AMD

Windows 10 32bit

4GB Ram

500GB Hard drive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is a common issue with the IDT audio and W10.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to clean install W10 64 bit and see if this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work better.

Before you try this bear in mind that there is no guarantee this will fix the problem on your notebook.

In some models it works, and on some, it does not.

There is no 32-bit HP audio driver for W10 for that audio system.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe 

In order to make the 64-bit installation media, you will need to use a 64 bit PC running W10:

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media, and when you get past the Install Now screen you have to select the version of W10 you upgraded to (W10 Home).

Then you will be asked to enter a product key.

Select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install and then activate after you are connected to the internet.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

That is a common issue with the IDT audio and W10.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to clean install W10 64 bit and see if this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work better.

Before you try this bear in mind that there is no guarantee this will fix the problem on your notebook.

In some models it works, and on some, it does not.

There is no 32-bit HP audio driver for W10 for that audio system.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe 

In order to make the 64-bit installation media, you will need to use a 64 bit PC running W10:

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media, and when you get past the Install Now screen you have to select the version of W10 you upgraded to (W10 Home).

Then you will be asked to enter a product key.

Select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install and then activate after you are connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

thank you will try

Todd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Todd.

HP Recommended

Off hand can bad speakers also cause low volume?

as this  is a used item

Thank you

Todd

HP Recommended

Probably not.

Can you install W7 64 bit on your notebook to test out the W7 drivers?

if the sound works fine, then it is a driver issue.

If the sound is still muted, then it could be the speakers.

HP Recommended

It is just very low and hard to hear even at 100%

I know dell E1705 are loud but maybe the speakers as getting bad as it is a used system I pasted together that was in pierces 

Thank you again will try Windows 7 64bit first before I buy the speakers

Todd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.