Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0002nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PROBLEM: 

Hi there!

I bought laptop without os
Audio has very poor quality (I think that driver is the cause)

In control panel i cant even change audio quality

1.png

Current audio driver is from 
https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec0000-laptop-pc-series/29322...
Realtek HighDefinition HD Audio Driver Windows 10 v1903v1909 - sp100166
i try to reinstall official driver few times with uninstalled previous driver and no connection to internet

2.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

UPDATE 
I change os to windows home 
For few minutes driver works good but after windows update software start, driver was change and  still i cant reinstall to correct driver 

HP Recommended

@kwiatek Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue audio.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Please uninstall the audio drivers from the device manager and restart the computer and install the audio drivers and update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec0000-laptop-pc-series/29322...

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Thanks for response, but this not solve my problem.
I try this before it didn't work.
I already update bios, try manual installation for sound, and also by HPSA.
Currently what I do and it works a lot better (not great but satisfying),
I Reinstall drivers for sound, and then reinstall driver for AMD razen graphic card.
From now my laptop sounds a lot better. But I still can't change audio quality in my control panel -> sound -> sound format from 16 bit to other.
And what i also see in current setup, when I play video in different formats or play the music, or try playing video in chrome once on 1 minute or few second (randomly) i hear a little "BUZZ" sound distortion

HP Recommended

@kwiatek

Thank you for posting back. 

Have you tested the audio on external speakers or headphones?

Run the audio troubleshooting tool in Windows to automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer.

1. In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon  on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.

2. Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

3. Click Next.

4. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

5. Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).

The troubleshooter detecting audio problems

6. When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page displays, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.

NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.

Troubleshooting completed

7. Click Close.

8. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already tried audio troubleshooting tool in Windows, didn't help.

For now after reinstalling amd drivers and audio drivers sound is loud and pretty gut, but I still hear, a buzz nois once for few minute or seconds (I will check is this issue also appear on headphones or external speaker ASAP).

Still cant change audio setup 

Przechwytywanie.PNG

BTW.

Did You know that amd drivers, nvidia drivers on link to official driver support from hp throws error when You try to install it? ("The driver is not supported on this OS version"i don't need help for that because i already download correct drivers from amd and nvidia but that should be fixed.

Also, major problem with touchpad drivers after installation I don't have any application to set up touchpad.

HP Recommended

@kwiatek

The last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to the factory. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solution is not an option because I bought laptop without os, already try 3 times create different os win 10 pro, win 10 home, and win 10 enterprise all with the same result. Something is very wrong with drivers on Your official website and You should check this out because this is new product and things like that shouldn't happen.
Support at this link should have proper drivers, because people can buy Your devices without OEM.

Please check drivers for audio and touchpad because this is critical for now. At current situation People are returning these devices back to shopfor returning they money (there was a big promotion on this device and a lot people buy these, also having similar situation), I also consider that as option but I better prefer to have good drivers.
Also give people correct drivers for nvidia and amd I was able to get these drivers from official website but other people could have problem with that.

HP Recommended

@kwiatek

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

And, also you avail our HP Smart Friend Support: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spend a lot of time to figure it all out.

On official website HP drivers for this model is only AMD graphics drivers for win 10 ver 1903. Current windows version is 1909.
Only solution for people for now is to download old windows install old oem AMD driver and then update windows.
If You do that then You will never have problem with audio and performance issue BUT! You cannot update amd driver if You do that all problems with performance will comeback (lags on video, lags on chrome, lags on almost everything but not in games).
Driver is old and its only for version 1903 when You upload new OEM driver?...
Also, after update we have new bug! On current AMD oem driver for windows 1903 You cannot play games that use VULCAN API If You try that You will have an info that cannot find graphic card using vulcan API. 
SOO what to do ? You can update AMD Driver for newest and now You can play that games But You will have back all problems with lags on chrome and video etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.