Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my laptop was on Windows 10 version 20H2, I had no trouble with Bluetooth audio devices. On version 21H1 build 19043.1348, I've now discovered that Bluetooth audio is broken. I have several audio devices listed as paired. None of them auto-connect when on and discoverable. When I manually click on "CONNECT," I get an immediate "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable." When I click to "REMOVE" device, it takes a moment, but then comes back with "Remove failed." These Bluetooth audio devices are connecting fine to my other laptop running 20H2. They connect automatically. If I have a paired device not turned on and I manually try to connect, it takes a few moments to search... unlike the laptop running 21H1 that doesn't even try.

My HP laptop has Realtek Bluetooth. Other devices like my mouse work fine via Bluetooth. The problem appears to be isolated to just audio devices.

Troubleshooting: I tried removing all Bluetooth audio drivers and reinstalling. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter, which claimed to have found a problem and fixed it, but after rebooting the problem remained. I went into the Devices list, exposed hidden devices, found 3 of my Bluetooth audio devices that had been previously paired, and deleted the entries. After rebooting, they aren't showing in the Device list, but on the Bluetooth settings page they still show up as paired devices. I had hoped by deleting them that pairing them again might fix the problem, but I can't get that far.

I've searched a number of places, watched a few videos on this issue. Nothing I've tried so far has worked.

Anyone have some suggestions of other things I might try?  Thanks!

"Trying to remain positive and optimistic in an ever growing negative and cynical world. Peace."
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.