Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 - 13-4XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP, would you please care to fix the issue of "DTS Audio Enhancements" turning themselves ON (every time you Sleep/wake, Restart, Plug/Unplug 3.5 jack), even if the option is left UNCHECKED for enabling the "DTS Audio Enhancements".

If you uninstall the Audio driver, you are left with a seriously downgraded sound, the lower frequencies get ripped off, if you have the DTS enabled, it distorts the sounds, and introduces a lot of "audio popping". The audio popping is still an issue once you double check the disable enhancements, but we could start by just making a feature work as it's supposed to, because as for now, we are forced to use a audio crippling function, even though we choose not to.

I am unsatisfied with the support provided by HP team, or lack of it, rather, I paid 1000+$ for this machine, and the issue count with it, is over the top. I would have gladly paid 500$ more for a machine that works from competing companies. Please help users with this, there are MANY users complaining about this, yet no solution is in sight. The solution can't be that difficult to make.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've been contacting HP support for months, and they finally gave an answer that a new Audio driver has been released this problem. HERE : http://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4000-x360-convertible-pc/7527520/model...

It fixed it for me, it's been a long time coming, I can't believe this has finally happened.

The audio popping is still there, but at least I'm free from Enhancements!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Xypleth,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

Yes, alright, I've seen posts like these before. This issue was probably "brought to the attention of an appropriate team within HP" many months ago. But will there be any solution/patch? I'm not very sure about that, at this point.

It seems to me like there are just a few sad people working with the issues with existing HP products, unable to deal with most of them, the rest just focus on creating new products. Because this issue was known for almost a year now in This Thread and many others. The users still continue on trying to fix the issue themselves, but are failing to do so. 

It's just very sad to look at how users are left alone to deal with the issues they shouldn't have to fix themselves. Is this what HP company is about? Just selling many different products, and then just leaving them for dead, to work on the next model, which has the same issues. 

There have been released many more Specre x360 line laptops, and almost all of them, as users report, still have this issue.

This is a very critical issue, it is ruining the Audio experience by very large margins.

You must elevate this issue as priority, and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

HP Recommended

I've been contacting HP support for months, and they finally gave an answer that a new Audio driver has been released this problem. HERE : http://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4000-x360-convertible-pc/7527520/model...

It fixed it for me, it's been a long time coming, I can't believe this has finally happened.

The audio popping is still there, but at least I'm free from Enhancements!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.