Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi. I was thinking of the getting the new Spectre x360 with Skylake but wanted to dual boot with Ubuntu.

With the sound fix, will dual booting with Windows 10 be fine? Any other major problems with Linux?

HP Recommended

The HP Support Team emailed me today referring to a different issue from mine raised by Primordial who posted a new comment in Notebook PC Sound and Audio on 10-22-2015 06, stating "Did this reply resolve your post or question? If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution. You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

I dealt with this promptly thanking specifically venividivici24 and smistry for their contributions in my post on ‎09-07-2015 09:21 PM, stating "Problem solved", and signing off, "Ever grateful."

How much more clearly could I have acknowledged the assistance and the fact that the problerm was solved?

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!! It was not easy to do for me but it finally works perfecty ! I have now a perfect dual boot on this great computer thank you!!!

HP Recommended

@Primordial

i run xubuntu and have everything working apart from the mute light not lighting up when the sound is muted (it does on windows)

HP Recommended

Hi, i'm using a dual boot with Ubuntu 15.04 since may without  problem.

Nevertheless, I need to boot twice to get the sound when I come  from a windows session (  rarely 😉 )

Enjoy with this great computer!

HP Recommended

Updated Ubuntu today and now the sound wont work. I still have

card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3242 Analog [ALC3242 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

and

grub file is the same edit

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi='!Windows 2013' acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"

No device comes up in Sound Options.
Ive also run grub-config and done multipe restarts but no luck 😞

EDIT: val@spectre:~$ grub-install -V
grub-install (GRUB) 2.02~beta2-29

HP Recommended

Sound was working out of the box for me when installing Ubuntu 14.

Perhaps they update the drivers/bios?

HP Recommended

The update was for 15.10 ubuntu.
Anyone able to get sound working after this update?

HP Recommended

@bobfred12

When I installed the update I was prompted if I wanted to keep the local modified version of the grub config or replace it with the new one, If you did not select keep local modified version then you need to make the changes again and then run sudo update-grub

HP Recommended

@smistry

I have run that and still no luck. The backlight is working though 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.