Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got Pavilion X2 three days ago. I installed needed drivers through HP assist. But whenever I listen to music with headphones, the audio quality becomes bad, lack of bass and clarity. I checked B&O play and the headphones setting is faded and it says device unplugged although I have plugged well. Is that audio driver problem? Or just the beo play software itself?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and the sound quality not the greatest. You could try:

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound.

If that does not help.Here is troubleshooting for this issue with Windows 10. Restart your Notebook. 

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I've done those solutions and it's still freaking bad. Whenever I plug the headphones, my laptop thinks they are speakers and in B&O setting, headphone setting is faded. I've done everything, everything... pls help me with that. I'm gonna throw away this laptop and i would never ever suggest hp to anyone... worst brand ever
HP Recommended

Hey @Waiyanminn,

In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select ALL the Audio Drivers and Software. Choose the option to uninstall the Driver Software. After it is complete, restart your Notebook.

You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults, as this has helped others with this issue. Here is a document that will show you how to do this.

es not help please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to try to assist you immediately.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Disable Multistreaming in the General Settings of B&O Audio. Worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.