Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 11-y0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So recently I have dropped my laptop by accident and my headphones plugged in, helped me avoid serious damage.

But then after that I noticed that the right audio on my headphones didn't work. I tried with other earbuds/headphones and the right audio still didnt work. But whenever I pulled the cable towards me the right audio worked. And I know that obviously the right sound reciever on the jack was out of place/broken. I only need help finding if this is reairable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The headphone jack could possibly be repaired internally but it would probably be a costly repair. It might be easier to use a USB audio adapter like this Sabrent.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The headphone jack could possibly be repaired internally but it would probably be a costly repair. It might be easier to use a USB audio adapter like this Sabrent.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will look forward to buying one.

HP Recommended

Is the audio going to be lower quality through one of these adapters versus what would come out of a speaker or headphones plugged directly into the headphone jack?

HP Recommended

I guess it depends on how good the built-in audio circuit in your computer is but I own the Sabrent USB audio adaptor in the link above and the quality seems the same as my low-end computer's built-in audio. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.