Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

the headphone jack does not fit into the laptop as the HP's jack is too small I tried it with different headphones. what is the solution to this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Marjan111,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What is the product number for your computer?

Usually, in most of the HP laptops, the headphone jack available is 3.5mm jack and any 3.5mm headphone should fit in. Help me with the product details of your computer and I will check the specifications of your computer and let you know the exact headphone jack available on the computer.

You have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion 14-DH0025NA I5-8265U , It has headphone jack which I also think is compatible with a headset.

HP Recommended

@Marjan111
Thank you for posting back.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo;

If the problem is isolated to the headphone jack or headphone port on the laptop, it is likely related to physical stress.

1. the connectors in the jack may be bent out of shape,
  2. Check for any obstacle in the headphone port on the laptop. 
  3. the solder connection to the mainboard may have been loosened by stress,
  4. the mainboard traces leading to the solder connection may have been broken through stress.

Note: if its a hardware related issue with the audio out port then the computer needs to service. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.