Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi.

My problem is that the tip of my headphone is stuck inside the jack so my laptop thinks there is a headphone plugged in. My sound thus is not working. I have tried many things such as trying to use my drivers which won't open and trying to manually remove the broken piece. If anybody happens to know how to either 1. seperate speakers and headphones so in sound its not Speaker/Headphones 2. Know how to make both internal speaker and headphones work at once or 3 completly dissable jack detection it would be greatly appreciated if you told me how.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry to say that the way your computer detect the presence of the jack is by mechanism. So, unfortunately, you must remove the tip by hand. You can either disamble your notebook (if you're an experienced user) or simple bring it to repair shop.

If you want to do it without remove the cover, you can use the following tips (with your own risk)

1. prepare a small but rigid plastic rod (not larger than the broken jack

2. put some power glue (just to cover the surface of the rod) on the tip of the rod

3. carefully, attach and hold the rod to the broken tip. You may want to hold it up to 5 minutes for a fixed results.

4. carefully pull them out.

The baseline is to attached and glued the helping rod to the broken tip and pull it out.

I hope your problems solved soon.
Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

This sadly did not work i used superglue but the broken jack tip didn't come out

HP Recommended

Ow...so I think the last thing you should do is open the cover or service it. If you dare, open by your self and your own risk and find the audio jack house. And who knows you can remove the tip. But I suggest you go to service centre or trusted repairment store. 

Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

Have you tried this method with power glue? It should lasts 2 hrs before you pulled it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMs10BOIN9k 

Best regards,

Bellmond
Friend had her ear bud plug break inside her computer audio jack. So thought id document myself getting I out. just pause the video to read if it goes to fast for you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.