Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15Z
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello--I have a brand-new Pavilion 15Z and I can't insert my headphones' connector pin into the audio jack. It's a standard 3.5mm pin with three rings. It inserts only up to the third ring. This pin connects without a problem on my old laptop.

I saw that there have been other posts about this problem in the past. Is this a known manufacturing defect? Or is something else going on? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mercator20 

From the following information

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-gaming-laptop-15z-7nh35av-1

It has  1 headphone/microphone combo port which should fit standard headsets. What is your headphones ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm using Apple earpods. I also tried an Insignia headset, and this connector doesn't work either--again, the connector inserts only up to the first two rings, not the third.

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm still hoping to hear from anyone who might have some thoughts on why the headphones jack on my HP laptop isn't working. Should I just contact Support?

By the way, my HP Pavilion is a 15z-cw100--this is what comes up when I press FN-Esc.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.