Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I connect my HyperX Stinger headset mic to my HP Pavilion laptop? My laptop is not detecting the mic in Recording/Input devices when I plug it into the jack. The drivers are updated, and the app permissions for microphones in Privacy are on. The jack has the combined headphone and mic icon, so it should be able to read mic input. In addition, the built in mic on my HP is not working properly. It cuts in and out and records internal background noise, so I need a working mic. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RiverRose

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• The audio jack on the computer is for headphones not for MIC, however, you can either use a USB microphone or, if you already have a mic with 3.5 mm jack, you need a USB to jack adapter between your mic and laptop. There are adapters with 2 3.5 mm connections : one for the microphone and one for a headphone.

And, also check if the microphone isn't disabled:

• Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".
  • Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".
  • Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.
  • Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.