Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, when I used my skype just to call my friend, suddenly, I heard a crackling or noises inside the laptop.
When I heard the crackling noises, suddenly my skype crashed and log out by itself. 

I dont know what is the cause of it. 

I thought it will be fine and a little bit of errors
but it keeps doing the same thing over and over again
It crashed and logged off by itself after sometimes i was in the call with my friend.

The day after, When I used my laptop just to watch a movie, i also heard a crackling noises. or is it because the skype's issue with the hard-disk? I cant figure this out. 

when I tried to play my game, suddenly, my screen also froze a little bit and my laptop makes a clicking/ crackling noises.

Then just today, i can't even open my skype.
When i tried to open my skype program (classic version) it makes a craclking noises and it just throw me back on the log in screen. When I  tried to re-sign in again, it threw me back on the log in screen again.
I need help with this issue. I have no idea what's going on with this laptop at all.. 

I dont know how to fix this. Is there somethign wrong inside of my laptop or the harddisk?
I'm not sure at all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanl you for contacting HP Support Forums

I highly recommend to Run Diagnostics on the HDD and in general

*Please shut down the computer and then you can turn it on inmediately tapping esc key on the keyboard.

*When you get to the Start up menu please press F2 for system diagnostics.

* Select component Tests / Hard drive/ quick Test / Run Once/ and check the result. If it says passed that is ok .

* if there is a failure please get the failure Id code 24 digits. That means that HDD needs to be replace

* You can also run system general Tests/ tapping ESC/ Start up Menu/ F2 / system test / extensive test Run once to discard any kind of malfuntion of any component.

* Try to take into account if  your computer is up to date with Bios versions and other updates that involve graphics and connection as well.

* You can go to the HP support Assistant app to check for updates.

* You can also check for malware if you have an antivirus program or windows defender activated

* As other solutions and depending on how long you have had the issue you can try a system Restore.

* But when it come to a physical noise I do recommend the tests first and completed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey Eddiesy,

It's most likely the hard drive or audio drivers.  Run the diagnostics (extended test) and the specific component test for audio.  Instructions are here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Also, update audio drivers in the device manager. In Device Manager expand the plu next to audio devices and right click the audio device, select update driver.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanl you for contacting HP Support Forums

I highly recommend to Run Diagnostics on the HDD and in general

*Please shut down the computer and then you can turn it on inmediately tapping esc key on the keyboard.

*When you get to the Start up menu please press F2 for system diagnostics.

* Select component Tests / Hard drive/ quick Test / Run Once/ and check the result. If it says passed that is ok .

* if there is a failure please get the failure Id code 24 digits. That means that HDD needs to be replace

* You can also run system general Tests/ tapping ESC/ Start up Menu/ F2 / system test / extensive test Run once to discard any kind of malfuntion of any component.

* Try to take into account if  your computer is up to date with Bios versions and other updates that involve graphics and connection as well.

* You can go to the HP support Assistant app to check for updates.

* You can also check for malware if you have an antivirus program or windows defender activated

* As other solutions and depending on how long you have had the issue you can try a system Restore.

* But when it come to a physical noise I do recommend the tests first and completed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.