1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Heard Crackling sounds and Crashed the program

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, when I used my skype just to call my friend, suddenly, I heard a crackling or noises inside the laptop.
When I heard the crackling noises, suddenly my skype crashed and log out by itself. 

I dont know what is the cause of it. 

I thought it will be fine and a little bit of errors
but it keeps doing the same thing over and over again
It crashed and logged off by itself after sometimes i was in the call with my friend.

The day after, When I used my laptop just to watch a movie, i also heard a crackling noises. or is it because the skype's issue with the hard-disk? I cant figure this out. 

when I tried to play my game, suddenly, my screen also froze a little bit and my laptop makes a clicking/ crackling noises.

Then just today, i can't even open my skype.
When i tried to open my skype program (classic version) it makes a craclking noises and it just throw me back on the log in screen. When I  tried to re-sign in again, it threw me back on the log in screen again.
I need help with this issue. I have no idea what's going on with this laptop at all.. 

I dont know how to fix this. Is there somethign wrong inside of my laptop or the harddisk?
I'm not sure at all. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1,486 1,400 143 923
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey Eddiesy,

It's most likely the hard drive or audio drivers.  Run the diagnostics (extended test) and the specific component test for audio.  Instructions are here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Also, update audio drivers in the device manager. In Device Manager expand the plu next to audio devices and right click the audio device, select update driver.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Tutor katix05 Tutor
Tutor
10 10 2 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

Thanl you for contacting HP Support Forums

I highly recommend to Run Diagnostics on the HDD and in general

*Please shut down the computer and then you can turn it on inmediately tapping esc key on the keyboard.

*When you get to the Start up menu please press F2 for system diagnostics.

* Select component Tests / Hard drive/ quick Test / Run Once/ and check the result. If it says passed that is ok .

* if there is a failure please get the failure Id code 24 digits. That means that HDD needs to be replace

* You can also run system general Tests/ tapping ESC/ Start up Menu/ F2 / system test / extensive test Run once to discard any kind of malfuntion of any component.

* Try to take into account if  your computer is up to date with Bios versions and other updates that involve graphics and connection as well.

* You can go to the HP support Assistant app to check for updates.

* You can also check for malware if you have an antivirus program or windows defender activated

* As other solutions and depending on how long you have had the issue you can try a system Restore.

* But when it come to a physical noise I do recommend the tests first and completed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation