Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp Envy x360 has  the Bang and Olufsen audio control panel. Speaker swap is defaulted, but can be turned off. The info button says "the internal speakers will be adjusted to the orientation of the screen." That doesn't happen though. In tablet mode or tent mode how you hear the audio  comes from the same place as laptop mode. It's not bad in tablet mode, but the audio winds up a little hard to hear/enjoy in  tent mode because it's coming from behind the laptop. Turning speaker swap on or off doesn't seem to change how it sounds to me. Any idea how to use this? Is it just useless? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Em12345 Could you share a screenshot of the swap option you are referring to? for better understanding.

Also, there's only one speaker vent by design the sound can only come via that vent, however, once I know exactly what you are referring to, we can work towards an apt solution, and meanwhile if you need information on using the B&o app, please click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Untitled.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, life has been suddenly very busy.

HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the B & O driver from here https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88302.exe  and let me know how it goes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have the Bang and Olufsen driver at all. Is it safe to install if it isn't previously there? I have Intel display audio, intel smart sound technology, Nvidia virtual audio device, and realtek audio in  the audio drivers section.

HP Recommended

@Em12345 If it isn't already installed, the update could get you the software you need, however, the speaker swap option from the screenshot you've shared seems to be a passive one, and may not work if the software didn't come with the computer.

I hope you understand!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The linked driver from KrazyToad is the Reaktek High Definition Audio Driver. is that what you intended? 

HP Recommended

@Em12345 Yes, that's what I meant, although, you can cross verify and install relevant driver for your device using the HP website: click here to find and install the latest version.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.