Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop Model 14cf006dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop has an audio/mic combo port that does not support an external mic.

Question 1: Can the port be configured to accept an external mic?

Question 2: Will an external mic connected via USB work?

Question 3: Will a pin external mic work via USB using a pin to USB converter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EdgarPelaez 

A1. Yes, you can use Y connector, but not reliable,

A2. Yes, perfect option,

A3. You don't need different connector nor adapter/converter. I will work out of the box.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EdgarPelaez 

A1. Yes, you can use Y connector, but not reliable,

A2. Yes, perfect option,

A3. You don't need different connector nor adapter/converter. I will work out of the box.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!!!

HP Recommended

Clarification question, please:

Question 3: Will a pin external mic work via USB using a pin to USB converter?

You answered: A3. You don't need different connector nor adapter/converter. It will work out of the box.

Further question: I have already a "pin" external mic, so the option is to buy another mic with USB terminal or  buy a pin to USB converter. Will the converter option work? Provided I already have the mic?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.