Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I'm using external audio devices for my Work-from-Home VC/TC calls every day (a Jabra 510 speaker via USB, or Plantronics Headset via Bluetooth).

My problem: When I change the volume, there's an extremely annoying pop-up on the top-left corner of the screen for minimum 15-20 seconds.

This pop-up appears every time I do NOT use the volume tray icon with the mouse, but every time when I change it over either the device or over the keyboard F-keys (FN+F8/9 in my case). 

I can't click it away, I can't move it, and when I accidentially hover it, it stays for another 15-20 seconds...

I searched all menues on my PC and read many Internet-forums, but wasn't successful to find out how I can switch it off.

I don't even know if this pop-up belongs to Windows 10, or HP Audio driver or B&O Audio (what is active on my PC).

Does anybody have an idea? Screenshot below...

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Annoying Audio Control Panel.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexMighty,

This is a Windows 10 feature and is not related to HP and its software.

It looks like you're using Spotify. I can help you remove the big popup but not the volume indicator. Try the following steps:

1. Open Spotify
  2. Select Edit, then Preferences
  3. Scroll down to Display Options
  4. Disable Show desktop overlay when using media keys

You can also do this to Chrome using the instructions here.

Hope that helps.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexMighty,

This is a Windows 10 feature and is not related to HP and its software.

It looks like you're using Spotify. I can help you remove the big popup but not the volume indicator. Try the following steps:

1. Open Spotify
  2. Select Edit, then Preferences
  3. Scroll down to Display Options
  4. Disable Show desktop overlay when using media keys

You can also do this to Chrome using the instructions here.

Hope that helps.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Eddy, you are my Hero!

There's still a small volume bar left over, but at least that huge banner isn't visible anymore.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.