Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexMighty
Level 1
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How to disable on-screen HP Audio Controls?

HP Recommended

Dear all,

I'm using external audio devices for my Work-from-Home VC/TC calls every day (a Jabra 510 speaker via USB, or Plantronics Headset via Bluetooth).

My problem: When I change the volume, there's an extremely annoying pop-up on the top-left corner of the screen for minimum 15-20 seconds.

This pop-up appears every time I do NOT use the volume tray icon with the mouse, but every time when I change it over either the device or over the keyboard F-keys (FN+F8/9 in my case). 

I can't click it away, I can't move it, and when I accidentially hover it, it stays for another 15-20 seconds...

I searched all menues on my PC and read many Internet-forums, but wasn't successful to find out how I can switch it off.

I don't even know if this pop-up belongs to Windows 10, or HP Audio driver or B&O Audio (what is active on my PC).

Does anybody have an idea? Screenshot below...

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Annoying Audio Control Panel.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 2,911 395 1,274
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexMighty,

This is a Windows 10 feature and is not related to HP and its software.

It looks like you're using Spotify. I can help you remove the big popup but not the volume indicator. Try the following steps:

1. Open Spotify
  2. Select Edit, then Preferences
  3. Scroll down to Display Options
  4. Disable Show desktop overlay when using media keys

You can also do this to Chrome using the instructions here.

Hope that helps.

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 2,911 395 1,274
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexMighty,

This is a Windows 10 feature and is not related to HP and its software.

It looks like you're using Spotify. I can help you remove the big popup but not the volume indicator. Try the following steps:

1. Open Spotify
  2. Select Edit, then Preferences
  3. Scroll down to Display Options
  4. Disable Show desktop overlay when using media keys

You can also do this to Chrome using the instructions here.

Hope that helps.

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.

View solution in original post

AlexMighty
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Eddy, you are my Hero!

There's still a small volume bar left over, but at least that huge banner isn't visible anymore.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation