cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
flying_monkey_
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to install Bang and Olufsen Audio drivers on Ubuntu 16.04

HP Recommended
Envy 15t-ae000
Linux

I'm trying to install bang and olufsen drivers, or HP hd audio driver, as only 2 of the 4 speakers work and the 2 amps don't work in ubuntu 16.04. at the moment only 2 speakers are working the ones at the bottom. Headset works fine, but i never tried the mic. 

here's my sound stuff from the terminal

lspci -v | grep -i audio
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Broadwell-U Audio Controller
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller

I tried to install hda-jack-retask and chose "ALC 3241" and ticked "show unconnected pins" but i'm having trouble mapping because there are so many choices. can someone please help!

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,722 64,436 12,403 21,354
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like you trying to put a jet engine to your car and force your car fly like an Airbus A380. But please try

http://askubuntu.com/questions/873881/how-to-install-bang-and-olufsen-audio-drivers-for-hp-laptop

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
flying_monkey_
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. But that's not my case. I have the right driver, I need the map/layout so I can manually set rjack to the right speaker/amp.
Leandronn
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here.

We need mapping to assing channels.

Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation