Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 ce0005nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wrote a few days ago because I was having problems opening the B&O audio control on my laptop, and this is apparently due to the fact that the app was not updating. My version of the B&O app is 1.8.203.0, whereas I've been told that I should have version 1.9.212.0. Even after updating the Realtek drivers, the app opened only until the computer was turned off.    I have now been in touch with B&O assistance and HP technicians online, but no one has been able to help me update the app.

This morning I uninstalled the app from my laptop, and for a short period of time I saw that I had Realtek audio controls in my Control Panel. I also noticed that I suddenly had a stereo mixer in my sound controls (Control Panel), which is something I need  now that I'm having to work from home as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. But after a short while, the B&O app had returned, and both the Realtek controls and the stereo mixer had vanished.

I would like to remove the B&O app definitively, because it will not open, and the space it occupies is apparently 0 bytes (!!), which explains why it is not working/opening. But I cannot get rid of it, as it keeps coming back after a reboot. Does anyone know how to uninstall this app so that it won't return?

Florio

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Florio60

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio.
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with the High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.