Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

This worked for me on my HP Envy X2.

Manually download the update. Go to the HP Support site and search for SP69946 and download it. Run it so it extracts all the files, and it will try to run and fail. This is fine. You need to have the files available for the next step.

Close all programs, and restart.

Press F2 a few times as it boots up so it goes to Setup.

Scroll down to highlight Firmware Management.

Choose BIOS Update

BIOS will update and finish and restart.

Thanks

Wayne

HP Recommended

Thanks Wayne for your tips!

I tried it today and it seems to have worked. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Vivek 

HP Recommended

Hp had my Envy at the repair centre and they replaced the mother board and im not sure what else, but it has been returned to me with updated Bios F14 and I believe it still has faults with sound and WIFI signal weak.

I am currently working with there support representative as HP have offered to supply a replacement of similar specification but so far has fallen short of the mark. I hope to get some positive resolution soon!

It sounds like some of you have experienced similar issues, but good to see someone came up with the Bios Update solution getting into Bios settings on reboot to force the update.

HP Recommended

Very slow process negotiating with HP global team on a replacement Unit. More than one month now and I dont think the customer service representatrive is listening to my issues with offering lesser specification machines to what i had!

The new generation Envy has a soft hinge which is pretty hopeless for my needs and its just mimicking the Microsoft offering..

On the plus side the repair team seemed to be great at keeping me updated.

HP Recommended

Manu  is right.

This is how i updated my firmware. 

In windows I downloaded the sp69946.exe update file, I ran in in windows.  I got the "No WMI" error message and clicked ok to continue.

After sp69946.exe runs windows will restart.  I restarted again after that, but hit the "escape" key to go into boot options menu.

In the boot menu hit "F2" like Manu says, to take you to System Diagnostics. 

Select "Firmware Management", then "Bios Update"> "Update Bios" 

I went from version F.12 to F.14.  If you go through this whole process again it will say "The system's bios ID is F.14

Hope this helps someone!  Not sure why it took me so long to figure out (1st time i have ever flashed firmware) on a pc.

-Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.