“The RPC server is unavailable” problem can be caused by improper functioning of RPC service on every computers connected. You may follow the steps below to ensure that all the services related to RPC run normally.
1) Press the Windows logokey and R on your keyboard to open the Rundialog. Then type “services.msc” and press Enter.
2) On the Services window, scroll down to find the items DCOM Server Process Launcher,Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Ensure their status is Running and their startup is set to Automatic.
Firewalls can block traffic requested by RPC and therefore cause RPC server unavailable problem. You should check your firewall configuration and see if it blocks the network connections for RPC. If you are using a third-party firewall, read its instruction or do some research about it to unblock the RPC network connections.
If you are using Windows Firewall, here are the steps of its configuration:
1) Press the Windows logokey and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “control“ and press Enter.
2) On Control Panel, search windows firewall. And then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall below Windows Firewall.
3) Scroll down to find Remote Assistance. Ensure its communication is enabled (All the boxes of this item are ticked).
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".