nivaruschell Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just connected Logitech speakers to my laptop but no sound from my computer is coming out of them.

I have an HP Pavillion DV2-1209AV Windows 7. I just purchased speakers for my laptop. Logitech

speakers, but they are buzzing but not producing sound from my computer. What do I do to make them function properly?

15 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8568 18420
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just connected Logitech speakers to my laptop but no sound from my computer is coming out of them.

Hi,

Please try this first:

Right click the speaker icon,

Select Playback devices

Right click then Enable the external devices

sound_ex.png

Hope this helps:

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
llzg Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also connected Logitech speakers to my laptop. Now I hear the external speakers but the internal speakers won't shut off. If I shut them down, the external speakers shut down too. Anyone know a solution?

0 Kudos
twindee Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my logitech speakers have been in my desktop for 6 years. They are connected, light is on and it sounds like it's on, but no sounjd coming out.

0 Kudos
pattispc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant get external speakers to work in laptop.

0 Kudos
pattispc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have an option for external speakers.  What can I do to get my external speakers to work when I plug into the speaker plug on front of pc

0 Kudos
pattispc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

didn't work.  No external options.

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2189
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Pattispc,

The speakers should be put into the rear of the computer in the outlet that is marked for speakers. As it is an audio outlet made for those speakers. Once you have done that restart the computer. If that does not help with the speakers feel free to let me know. Could you include your model number and current operating system? Here is a link if your not sure.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
nmg Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i just connected my logitech speakers to my laptop.They are buzzing but no other sound

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2122 126 323
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello nmg,

I just want to clarify a couple things with you to narrow down what could be causing the issue.

1. Have you tried plugging the speakers into a wall outlet by themselves for power? If this is an option.
2. Have you tried them on another computer? Maybe a friends if possible.
3. Do you get the same buzzing from the built in speakers?
4. an you try another set of speakers with this notebook, do you get the same buzzing sound?
Different audio files? (ie. CD, MP3, or YouTube).

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation