Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy j101ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem many times. and sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

I tried updating the codec but it doenst update. I tries installing it after getting the file from a previous question, it installs but still doesnt work even after restart and has the yellow triangle warning on the device manager.

one time it installed and worked by chance, but it seems to stop working once I update my windows.

I know you can use the update, choose manually and select high definition adio device. but I notice the sound is not the same (it only fires from  subwoofer speaker produces no sound). Is there any way to stop this from happening and fix it for good???

its essential that the IDT high definition audio codec works since it utilises the the actual speaker and not just the subwoofer

thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Helle everyone,

I managed to fix it and this is how:

1. download driver easy (free) [no point in downloading full, full just makes it easier and faster]

2. scan drivers

3. then look for the driver you want to update in the list and download it, it takes a bit longer on free.

4. then click install manually (automatic is for pro version)

5. it will take you to the file directory of the driver it downloaded.

6. usually there is an exe file to click and thats it, but since they want you to buy the pro its not there, so you have to open device manager and right click the driver you want to update.

7. click browse my computer....

8. click browse, then with the file of the driver you opened before, you cant copy and paste  it so you have to follow it.

9. after you have selected the correct folder of the software downloaded using driver easy, click ok.

10. then click next, and it should install no problem.

I tried installing the driver I had downloaded from a link on this forum, but it didnt always work. I found this to be much easier, I am not advertising the program but its the only thing that woked for me

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Helle everyone,

I managed to fix it and this is how:

1. download driver easy (free) [no point in downloading full, full just makes it easier and faster]

2. scan drivers

3. then look for the driver you want to update in the list and download it, it takes a bit longer on free.

4. then click install manually (automatic is for pro version)

5. it will take you to the file directory of the driver it downloaded.

6. usually there is an exe file to click and thats it, but since they want you to buy the pro its not there, so you have to open device manager and right click the driver you want to update.

7. click browse my computer....

8. click browse, then with the file of the driver you opened before, you cant copy and paste  it so you have to follow it.

9. after you have selected the correct folder of the software downloaded using driver easy, click ok.

10. then click next, and it should install no problem.

I tried installing the driver I had downloaded from a link on this forum, but it didnt always work. I found this to be much easier, I am not advertising the program but its the only thing that woked for me

HP Recommended

I made an account here just to say thank you for this. I hated the idea of downloading software like this because I worry about malware and such, but this is THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED after hours of trying to find a fix for this issue.

To anybody finding this thread in the future...DO NOT DELETE YOUR AUDIO DRIVERS in an attempt to fix issues with sound after updating Windows to the Fall Creator's Update ver 1709. If you do, you will have a nightmare of a time fixing it if you have an older machine like I do. Do yourself a favor and rollback to the previous version of Windows and do not take the Creator's Update until they fix these issues!

HP Recommended
You're very welcome. This problem is absolutely ridiculous and got my every nerve, and I am glad I could help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.