01-21-2020 07:21 AM
For some reason no matter what I try, my inbuilt mic will not work. It all started when I disabled my Bluetooth headphones telephony feature due to it interfering with certain games, and ever since i cant fix the mic. Even re enabling the telephony feature didnt fix it. The ironic thing is that if i go to the properties of mic, then click the "listen to this device" it does work, the mic picks up my voice, but doesnt any other time i test it. The troubleshooter comes up with nothing either, saying the mic is working fine. Ive even reset my laptop to see if that would fix it to no avail, uninstalling the microphone, reinstalling it does nothing either. I am lost here and just want my mic to work normally, please help.
01-23-2020 01:40 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee