JBdelartigue
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Input on my internal micro is nt working

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Input on my internal micro is not working. I went through the device manager and tried to test everything it said does not find issues but when I test the input microphone does not work

1 REPLY 1
AlexIno
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x360 2-in-1 built in microphone is COMPLETE DISASTER !!! It's VERY sensitive to how you touch/position the lid (where screen is) of the computer. Trying to use Skype I have gone through the whole "check drivers, disable/enable device etc" procedure only to find out that if you bend (very little) the lid or change its position - it suddenly starts (or stops) working. It may either not take any sound at all, record static or work normally.

Try adjusting the lid position and test the mic with Voice Recorder.

Either my laptop is flawed (and BestBuy wouldn't take it back because it's 20 days instead, not 14) and I haven't figured out how to open case with HP yet or it's REALLY bad design.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation