Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
03-25-2020 03:52 PM
Product: HP 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
We have a HP 15 Notebook PC, Product Number JM38UA#ABA with an integrated webcam. The microphone is not working. I have already checked that the drivers are up to date (they are), and I have already used the troubleshooter (it cannot find any issues). The volume is on and turned up almost all the way. It is still not picking up any audio. Please help.
1 REPLY 1
03-28-2020 06:06 PM
@TA-BA0813 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the Integrated microphone not working.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge? Do you remember?
- Did you run diagnostics on the computer?
For now please try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
- Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then check if the situation has been corrected.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community