Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce054nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since today the audio through the speakers of my HP OMEN 15-ce054nd isn't working.

1. Sound works through my Bluetooth headset. The JBL E55BT headset is the only sound device that is recognised.
  2. I've updated all drivers through Windows Update and the HP driver update assistant.
  3. Device Manager shows a yellow triangle at Intel High Definition Audio and DSP.
  4. Updating from the Device Manager shows no updates available.
  5. Manually installing the Realtek driver offered by HP (Win 10 V1809) fails. When the install wizard starts a pop-up gives an error message.
  6. Removing the drivers and rebooting doesn't resolve the issue.
  7. Removing the drivers and manually installing drivers works, but does not resolve the issue.

I'm not sure how to proceed. None of the fixes I've read online work. Troubleshooting in Windows 10 or directly from the Device Manager doesn't work either. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue would be highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Digital_Eide Welcome to HP Community!

You seem to have done all relevant steps, however, since the issue persists, I suggest you download the intel drivers from the Intel website using the below steps to make this work:

Here we take Intel display audio driver as an example to show you how to download and install the driver manually.

Note: Intel offers audio driver together with graphics card driver. So download the graphics driver to get the audio driver.

1. Go to Intel download center using this link: click here
  2. Graphics + Model Number in the Search box. Then press Enter.
  3. a) Right-click any blank area on your desktop to select Display Settings
    b) Click Advanced display settings.
    c) Click Display adapter properties.
    d) See the graphics model number showed in the Adapter Type section of the Adapter tab.
  4. Choose Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32-bit (according to your PC) from drop down menu.
  5. Choose the first item of the page as it is the latest version.
  6. Click the .exe file to download and install by prompts easily.
    Restart your computer to make changes take effect.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion. I also tried the automated driver check on the Intel website. Nothing is helping so far. 😞

HP Recommended

@Digital_Eide Let's run a hardware test on the device and ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction before troubleshooting it further:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Extented Test didn't return any failed tests. I also ran a separate audio test, which gave me audio over the speakers. It seems unlikely that there's a hardware issue. To me it appears to be a Win10 driver related issue. Win10 is updated and driver re-installs have not had any effect. 

Knipsel.JPG

Added a screenshot from my Device Manager (Dutch). As you can see, the system doesn't recognise the speakers at all, and Intel High Definition Audio and DSP are both displaying something. Updating those doesn't help as the system doesn't recognise available updates.

HP Recommended

@Digital_Eide If you've done all relevant steps and yet the issue persists, and the hardware tests have passed, this is indeed a driver issue and since the update hasn't fixed the issue, I suggest you create a backup of all personal data and switch off the automatic windows updates to resolve the issue: Click here for steps on resetting windows.

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

invoke run box and type services.msc

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

find windows update and double-click it

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

disable the windows update service

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.