Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ,

My internal mic on my laptop has suddenly stopped working , sound is too far and mic seems to have lost its sensitivity. If I connect external mic it works fine but the internal mic is not working , have already tried reinstalling the audio driver but the issue still persists. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Moma123 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I ordered two ENVY 360s for my kids. They just got them a week ago. On the second day both of their internal mics started buzzing and not working. If we restart the computer the issue goes away, but then it comes back again intermittently. This is clearly a huge issue with your product as there is NO reasonable explanation for two brand new computers having the exact same problem. 

HP Recommended

@EmilyLW

I understand your concerns.

For a start please try these steps:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the lower right corner of the taskbar.
  • Then please select recording devices. Please select the Headset Mic option
  • Then tap the Lid near the top gently several times next to where the webcam is located and check if the microphone bars respond to the taps and receive inputs.
  • If they do then it should work with a driver uninstall and reinstall.
  • Please make sure that the headset Mic is set to default and enabled in properties option.

Then please perform these steps from device manager.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Then check if this does the trick for you.

If the issue continues, then check if the internal Microphone is working and perform all the relevant steps from this link:  HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10,    to troubleshoot the issue Then check if it gets resolved.

Have  a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.