Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ok so I followed those steps you gave and unfortunately the speaker sound still doesn't work. I am currently in the process of downloading all the updates to see if that fixes it.

HP Recommended

Hello @ENVYUser77 

If you have used <HP Cloud Recovery> and it still does not work, this is unusual.

It is the original HP software snapshot for your notebook model !

Keep me updated

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Ok I should clarify, the sound originally did work! But now that it is fully updated with windows 11 no sound. When it first booted after the hp cloud recovery finished installing the original software (windows 10), it was already automatically trying to update a ton of stuff. I assume somewhere in the process of these updates it stopped working. What is the recommendation at this point? Is there even a way to stop the automatic updates? And if so, how do I know where to stop.

HP Recommended

Finally got it to work!

A microsoft tech helped me fix it. Apparently HPs latest audio drivier for Windows 11 does not work properly on my laptop.

We had to reinstall Windows generic audio driver located on my PC to fix it.

Went to Device Manager

Expanded Sound, video and game controllers

Right clicked my audio driver Realtek(R) Audio

Clicked Update Driver

Then Browse my computer for drivers

Then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

Then Next to install the Windows Driver

We also had to go into the Microsoft Services app and manually restart "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder". After a reboot the internal speakers were working just fine. Thanks for all your help!

HP Recommended

Hello @ENVYUser77 

You did a great job ! Your feedback and the steps Microsoft has provided are very valuable !

Have fun using your internal speakers ...

Thank you

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.