Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360 Chromebook 11
Chrome OS

The internal microphone on my HP x360 chromebook 11 is not working.  I'm not sure it has ever worked - wasn't really something I needed to use until recently.  The sound and webcam both work and an external microphone works as well.  I've verified that the input is set to the internal microphone.  Any help would be appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kwitt27,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.    Open Chrome.
2.    At the top right, click More Settings.
3.    At the bottom, click Advanced.
4.    Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
5.    Click Camera or Microphone.
Turn Ask before accessing on or off.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you turn off the Bluetooth and check if it helps.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  I tried both of these things, switching the microphone setting and turning bluetooth on/off. Neither has impacted the internal microphone and it still doesn't work.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@kwitt27,

On which application or app you are unable to use the Microphone?

You need to follow the below steps on each website you want to use the microphone.

1. Go to the website.
  2. Click "green lock" icon or "i in circle" icon beside the URL in address bar.
  3. In the menu, choose "Always allow on this site" for Microphone.
  4. Reload.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried that already on a website and toggling that on/off did not help the microphone.  I have tried to use the microphone through the camera app (on video) and the Mic Note app.  I have verified that microphone is listed as on and it does not work in either app.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@kwitt27,

I recommend you contact support as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

how do i use my internal microphone

HP Recommended

what green lock

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.