Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-30-2020 06:54 AM
My i7 envy laptop was working then suddenly couldn't find the mic. No audio input / record sound device is showing in Device Manager. There is an UNknown device with a yellow triange ! sign. This looks very much like the mic. When I update driver it says driver found but couldn't install. HELP please I need this laptop for online teaching.
12-03-2020 01:48 PM
I reviewed your post and I understand that the internal microphone is not working on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
1. Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.
- Click on "Playing Audio".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check if microphone isn't disabled.
- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".
- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".
- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.
- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.
3. Check if microphone isn't muted.
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".
- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.
4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".
- Double click on Microphone.
- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check the audio.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
I am an HP Employee
12-03-2020 02:11 PM
No recording device showed in Device Manager. It was not recognising any internal mic. Troubleshooting said ‘plug in your mic’. All microphone options in settings were greyed out. Instead there was an unknown device showing in device manager. Updating drivers for this item resulted in an error message. Other advice on this forum suggested uninstalling this unknown device and rebooting, which worked and *the mic is now recognised and working*. The problem appeared to be caused by an intel driver being automatically installed (incorrectly?). I can’t find where this update came from or how to stop it, so I suspect when it updates again the same will happen.
12-07-2020 04:17 PM
Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!
You can check the installed updates following the below steps.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Click the “Update & Security” category.
- Click the “View update history” button.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community