Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0500sa

My laptop's internal speakers have disappeared following a driver update process and I can find no way to reinstall them. I've use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI which confirmed the speakers were physically there and connected, but once the laptop is booted "no output devices are found". I've tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling but without success. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @BensonHR,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing no sound issue with your Laptop.

Please follow the steps below to perform an audio test to confirm if the hardware is working fine.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.

4) click Component Tests > click Audio, and then click Run once.

If you hear any sound from the internal speakers during performing the test, the speakers are working fine.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to further troubleshoot and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks but I've tried that multiple times, proving the speakers exist and are physically connected. But once Windows 11 has booted the speakers are not installed as an available device. I have tried driver updates and system restore, but to no avail. I have just now reinstalled Windows (from local device) and the same problem persists. I'm now lost for a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @BensonHR,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

- Please click on this link for information on how to perform a recovery on your Laptop using the HP cloud recovery tool.  (Take a backup of the data before performing a recovery)

-Perform a power drain on your PC.

1) Unplug the power cord from the PC & wall.

2) Disconnect the power cable from the AC adapter if it is a detachable part and keep it aside.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the AC adapter, then connect it to the wall and to the charging port on your PC.

5) Insert the recovery USB flash drive into a USB port on the laptop.

6) Then turn on the laptop and immediately press the esc key until the Start Up menu opens, and then press f9 to access the boot device menu.

7) Select the USB flash drive from which you want to boot and follow the on screen instructions to perform a recovery.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.