Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba1000 (1F4E3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I cannot get the internal speakers to work.  I've tried everything.  When I test the audio it says it is working but I hear no sound.  If I use an external bluetoooth device or plug in a headset, they work.  The internal speakers, however, will not work.  I cannot find a service center within 150 miles of where I live in the Las Vegas area

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We have a lot of issues with our HP audio / speakers recently, but 99% are software related.  We had one laptop that the speakers actually went bad.  You should try to figure out if the physical speakers are bad, or if it's drivers/software. Easiest way to do this ... if you haven't run the BIOS component tests, I would run those.  If the speakers work there, you know they aren't physically bad.

On our model laptops (Elitebooks) you can get to the firmware tests by continually tapping the ESCAPE key as soon as you turn on the computer. Keep doing that until it brings up a menu screen, and you should have options to run System Diagnostics.

Once you're there, choose Component Test, and then pick Audio.  If you hear sounds from your speakers here, at least they are physically good.  That would indicate it's a driver / software problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.