Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24-n120qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a desktop All-In-One (Product Name: 24-n120qe   Product Number: V2X09AV#ABA Win10 64 bit).  I noticed that a keylogger has been found on various laptops that have file MicTray64.exe on them.  I deleted the two instances of the file (MicTray64.exe -Version 1.0.0.9 - Copyright 2014 – 2.49MB) from my system.  Supposedly the fix for laptops is to use SP79420.exe which removes files and deletes the copy of the keylog file.  Should I use the SP79420.exe patch and where would I get it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If your system has been identified as one with the fault it should appear on your Support page in the next month. So far it has been only certain laptops.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-24-n100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/...

Btw- did you check C:\Users\Public\MicTray.log to see if passwords,etc were recorded?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If your system has been identified as one with the fault it should appear on your Support page in the next month. So far it has been only certain laptops.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-24-n100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/...

Btw- did you check C:\Users\Public\MicTray.log to see if passwords,etc were recorded?

HP Recommended

I did not find aMicTray.log file of keystrokes, but I went to the support site, downloaded the new driver and installed it.  I realized that there is a list of systems that will be posted, but I was not willing to wait since the verison was vintage 2014.  Thanks for your reply and assistance.

HP Recommended

That link stiil shows this info:

Conexant High Definition Audio Driver
8.65.131.50 Rev.A 48.4 MB Mar 18, 2016

Is that the version that still includes the key logger?

HP Recommended

@fredwmetcalf No.The link shows the Conexant driver on the original poster's machine.

HP Recommended

List of machines having the affected Conexant

HP EliteBook 820 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 828 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 848 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 640 G2 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 650 G2 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 645 G2 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 655 G2 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 430 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 440 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 446 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 470 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ProBook 455 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 725 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 745 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 755 G3 Notebook PC
   HP EliteBook 1030 G1 Notebook PC
   HP ZBook 15u G3 Mobile Workstation
   HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet
   HP Elite x2 1012 G1 with Travel Keyboard
   HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Advanced Keyboard
   HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 Notebook PC
   HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation
   HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation
   HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation
   HP EliteBook Folio G1 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

My machine did not show up on the list, but I was concerned.  The link that was given went to a newer Conexant driver which I installed.  No log file was found on my system.  The next day a Microsoft update loaded an even newer Conexant driver ( Conexant - MEDIA - 5/14/2017 12:00:00 AM - 8.65.186.1.)  I assume it was pushed out to everyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.